Blender News FORUMS Sensei Format Help Help With The Text Editor…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Sensei Sensei 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Help With The Text Editor…

atnreg
    Participant

Hi!
    With normal Blender layout, changing the view to Text Editor shows all the menus and buttons where you can load and select text files.
    But when Sensei Format is active, that only shows the search feature :o
    I have tried to scroll the menu but it does not change.
    I didn’t find any info about this in the manual or here so can you please explain how to use text editor with Sensei Format or is that a bug? :)

Thanks!

Sensei
    Sensei
    Keymaster

That’s strange. Doesn’t look that way on mine. Could you post a screenshot? Perhaps you’re just confused… or perhaps something’s broken, I’ll know if I can see a screenshot though.

MadaKaraage
    Participant

Hi I’m having this issue as well, here is how it looks like:

Looks like it’s missing the View, Text, Edit, Format and Templates options. I couldn’t figure anything out yet…

Sensei
    Sensei
    Keymaster

@ MadaKaraage… Hi. If you’re going to post images or files, please use the “CHOOSE FILE” button (above where you write the post content) to upload them, or else use a major service like Google Drive, OneDrive, or Dropbox or something. The url you posted wanted me to create an account just to see the image so I removed the link.

Those items are in a collapsed menu. There is a collapse button next to where it says “NewScript.py”. You can click that to access them or you can right click that menu button and under “Header” uncheck “Collapse Menus”, to display them and go to the top and press File > Save Startup File > Ok if you want to keep those changes. These collapsable menus are a feature of Blender default. They’re collapsed here to clean up that menu a bit.

Sensei
    Sensei
    Keymaster

Also checkout page 15 of the Sensei Format user manual which you can always access the latest version of right from Blender by going to File > Sensei Format > View Manual. There is a full breakdown of the Hacker workspace.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.