Blender News FORUMS Crash Course Review Taking the quiz

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ketre Ketre 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Taking the quiz
    Ketre
    Ketre
    Participant

I didn’t know where to put this, I didn’t choose this answer…actually I clicked it by accident but thought I unchecked it. It doesn’t show it checked tho…grumbles at feeling silly lol I wanted an Aaaaa!

Attachments:
    Sensei
    Sensei
    Keymaster

Hi. You can upload images to the site, just press “CHOOSE FILE” then when you press “POST” it will upload. This is preferred. It ensures the links will last throughout the ages because they’ll be directly tied to the site and it’s also safer, because you never know if the service someone is using to host files or images is legit (all though in this case seems fine). Posting a question about the quiz here is fine also.

As far as the question goes… the way the quiz software I have setup works, you can define a response if the user inputs the wrong answer… since this is a multiple choice question, the technical right answer is having the first two and the last checkbox checked with the third answer unchecked (so 3 checks total). The “wrong answer response” you got here, would make sense if the user got the question wrong by checking that third option… but in this case, the answer is wrong because the fourth question has not been checked (even though you left the third unchecked like you were supposed to). So the “wrong answer” response doesn’t really make sense. I’ll change it to account for this possibility you’ve demonstrated. Also I realize that grid snapping was not mentioned a lot in either of the two Crash Course tutorial videos on transformation (though it’s mentioned a few times)… so don’t sweat not getting that answer to much. Also you can retake the quizzes as many times as you want if you’re not happy with your score.

You can always check your score by clicking “Account” at the top of the page when you are logged into the site. Then click “Online Courses” then under the course you’re taking (currently there is only one course on the site “Blender Crash Course” you can select “View quiz results” to see your results.

Ketre
      Ketre
      Participant

ok thanks, I realize that all 4 answers have use but since the other one wasn’t mentioned in the video, I didn’t check it and I will fix that thanks.

Sensei
    Sensei
    Keymaster

The quiz is over the segment Navigation and Transformation. Not just one video. And the fourth answer definitely was mentioned in the video “Transformation In Blender” included in that segment. Watch from 17:00 to 19:00. First it’s mentioned you can hold Ctrl to constrain (which temporarily turns on grid snapping) then at the end it tells you directly how to do that by turning on grid snapping. Like I said it wasn’t extensively covered though… but that’s sort of the point of a quiz, to get you to stretch your brain over the content you absorbed. There’s got to be a few questions that make you go “wait a second was that right…” it gets you to pause and digest what you’ve learned.

Ketre
    Ketre
    Participant

gotcha, I had mental pause, I started taking more notes. I tend to forget quick. I’m probably starting out this learning 3D late in life, but what they hey, I’m having a blast at it! Learning keeps the brain from turning to mush…I hope (looks around furtively)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.