Blender News FORUMS Sensei Format Help Some Strangeness With 5.5.2

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Sensei Sensei 1 year ago.

• Some Strangeness With 5.5.2

8steady
    Participant

First: I’ve been using Sensei since it was pretty new (4 or 5 years ago – I think) and it’s a very smart, useful setup… so thank you Sensei.

Problem Background: I haven’t messed with blender in over a year and I’m trying to re-learn it. I installed the latest Blender (2.79) and the latest Sensei (5.5.2) as per the instructions where you do a full uninstall first. Some things weren’t working right and I thought it could be because I still had several old Sensei plugins – Z-brush Lite, Sensei Material library, and a few others. So, I did a complete uninstall of Blender using the installer program that I used to upgrade to 2.79, then I re-installed it, and re-installed Sensei 5.52, but there’s still some weirdness…

The Issues: 1. The Pocket feature is not there. 2. The Animation Keyframe Tools Feature is not there. 3. The “Alt Scroll to orthographic view tool” doesn’t work. 4. The little buttons next to “Link” and “Append” are not there. 5. The version number doesn’t show up int the “File – Sensei” menu. 6. when I use the “x” hotkey to delete (a very common-sense customization btw) it gives me a weird error.

Conclusion It feels like I’m somehow reverting to an older version of Sensei even though I know I just downloaded this file from the website last night. I opened the zip file and it says it was last modified 11/28/2017. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sensei
    Sensei
    Keymaster

Read this again carefully, https://blendersensei.com/sensei-format-5-5-1-special-update-notes/ follow the instructions again if you already went through them once. If this fails, locate your Blender settings folder and remove all numbered versions (2.8, 2.7 etc…) folders from it. On most Windows machines this is located:

C:\Users\yourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender

Then redownload the latest version of Sensei Format, and ensure you’re using the most stable official Blender release before installing Sensei Format.

8steady
    Participant

Thanks, Sensei. I’ll give it a try.

Sensei
    Sensei
    Keymaster

Hi. Yeah, the menu items in the “Sensei-Version.jpg” you posted are definitely from a super old version of Sensei Format. You may need to get in that Blender settings folder and gut all the version number folders out of it (folders with names like “2.78” or “2.77”) before re-installing everything. If the you’re unable to find your settings folder (in the above location I described) just ask Google. Include your computer OS version, and “blender settings folder” in your search, that should clue you in on how to access it (the location varies depending on what OS you’re using).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.