Blender News FORUMS Crash Course Review Shapekey Animation

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ketre Ketre 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Shapekey Animation
    Ketre
    Ketre
    Participant

This isn’t the best animation, but I had so much fun learning shape keys. I found out you can’t put material on an object after you’ve added a shape key. It turned my Suzanne into a mess lol. Sensei, thank you so much for your hard work you put into making your Crash Course!

Sensei
    Sensei
    Keymaster

Haha. That’s awesome. Did you add that tear at the end, or was that a happy accident with the mesh sticking out? Either way, nice touch.

Also, I’m not sure what you mean about not being able to add a material after adding a shape key. I added some keys to a default Suzanne head, added a procedural material, worked fine, then painted on it with ZB and that was also fine. Added some more shape keys and there didn’t seem to be an issue. Do you have a file you could upload to demonstrate the problem you’re having?

Ketre
    Ketre
    Participant

Weird I tried to upload a blend file and its not showing up. Trying again with the edit.
    The tear I added in, learning how was a challenge I couldn’t get it to fall like I wanted, it kept going through the mesh. I deleted the ones that messed up out of frustration. I am retrying it with material and the rigid body physics added in. I noticed that I had to make several adjustments in the animation once I added the material.

On the files I deleted, when I added material to the eyes, they came out bulged in Object Mode. I tried deleting the shape key and redoing but the eyes stayed messed up. 2nd time I added material the Suzanne face just turned into a lumpy mess when I changed my mind on the material even removing the material completely or trying to use ctrl z to go back it was unfix-able.

So this time…go figure it works fine, but I did have to fix the animation the rigid body physics stopped working. I can send you the file when I added the physics if you want. But here is the final blend once I added material. One thing I noticed, is that the render looked a little glitchy, but when you play it looks fine. I post screenshots of what I see next. I tried uploading the blend file but it keeps failing.

Ketre
    Ketre
    Participant

Its not letting me upload the blend file

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.