Blender News FORUMS General Help Select what you want- Delete the rest

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by DavidusX DavidusX 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Select what you want- Delete the rest
    DavidusX
    DavidusX
    Participant

Is there a way to do this? I am working on a mesh of human feet. I want to make sandals, lots of types of sandals. So.. I want to select what I want to keep, delete the rest. It would be faster. Is there a way to do this? thank you. Here’s a picture of some that I just made with MakeClothes. MakeClothes is a addon to make clothing for MakeHuman.

Sensei
    Sensei
    Keymaster

You can press “Ctrl-I” to invert your selection and then delete it. However what you may actually be looking for is a feature I built called “Object From Selection” (Shift-D while in Edit mode). Object from selection will instantly create a new object from your selected mesh. There’s a video dedicated to it in the Crash Course. Recommend taking the Crash Course. Blender Crash Course. The Object from Selection video in the Crash Course can be found in this segment Modeling Tools.

DavidusX
      DavidusX
      Participant

thanks Seth. I just found that one.. DUH. I am getting better. The Mirror modifier is kewl…I just used it, and used the Sensei PDF to find it out. I have finally gained the upper hand with MakeClothes, for Makehuman. Why not just use Shrink/Fatten? Cos the clothes I make will fit on any Makehuman model..no matter how it is altered, fat, skinny, muscular. NOW- I must watch the UV Unwrap. Textures and Materials tutorials. Heres what I am working on. It’s a pair of feet cut off from a Body suit. Gonna make sandals out of them for Roman characters. Used that Mirror on them..gratifying! Now, select certain faces, then INverse, and WA LA.. sandals. That is my hoped for outcome. Hah.. I am taking the crash course. I am a little past Mirror Modifiers..eager to get to UV Unwrapping, and materials..’cos I am going to need them very soon. I tried just slapping a texture on and it dont look good. I want to make these Roman winter robes or capes, like on “Gladiator”

Attachments:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.