Blender News FORUMS General Help Seamless Elemental Brush Pack Installation

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Sensei Sensei 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Seamless Elemental Brush Pack Installation

Michael Lilley
    Participant

Hi,
    Sorry for having to ask this but how do you install the Seamless Elemental Brush Pack? The reason I ask is that I’ve unzipped the SE_BrushPack.zip, Gone into material mode, selected System and created a new category. I’ve then Syphoned the directory containing the new textures (SE_2048x2048). The problem is that this results in a view exactly the same as that found in the Alchemy Base Pack, so I don’t think it’s working as I’d expect. Alchemy contains 75 cycles materials whereas the SE pack contains 319. I’ve done this a few times and sometimes it reports ‘no cycles materials’ and adds nothing, other times it adds the existing textures from the existing Alchemy library and nothing more (i.e. 75 entries exactly as the Alchemy setup).

So, what is the procedure for installing the SE Brush Pack?

Once again, sorry for asking such a basic question.

Blender 2.79a
    Latest version of Format, Zero Brush, Alchemy, and SE Brush Pack

Regards
    Mick

Sensei
    Sensei
    Keymaster

Hi Michael. Thanks for your purchases! As mentioned on the ad and information page for the SEBP (which stands for Seamless Elemental Brush Pack) the brush pack is a pack of 300 seamless, tillable 2048×2048 texture images for use directly as texture brushes or as repeating textures (which could be used in the creation of shaders or materials or in game asset models). It is not a material pack on its own however, and contains no materials nor is it advertised anywhere as a pack of materials which is why it is called a “brush pack” and not a “material pack”.

Because (As mentioned in the ad, or anywhere you can purchase the product on the site) this is just a pack of texture images, Alchemy doesn’t have a mechanism for just auto converting a folder of images directly into materials (although this might be a cool feature to ad for the future). Alchemy’s syphon feature exists to make gathering existing materials from a Blend file, or folder of blend files into a single library with the press of a button, not for creating the materials themselves.

Michael Lilley
    Participant

So, how do I use them (terminology aside) in Format/Zero Brush/Alchemy? i.e. how do i get the software to see them?

Sensei
    Sensei
    Keymaster

Check out the Zero Brush playlist here: Zero Brush Playlist

I recommend going over all of these to get the most out of your Zero Brush purchase. Regarding specifically how to use the SEBP watch the first “How To Install Zero Brush Addon for Blender” video. Watch the whole video, but especially starting at about 3:40 in the video there is a demonstration on accessing texture brushes. Also make sure and see the “Brush Loading Options in Zero Brush” video in that same playlist.

Michael Lilley
    Participant

Thank you. I’m on information overload so was concentrating on Alchemy documentation rather than the basics of Zero Brush. Appologies for asking dumb questions but when it’s not in your face, it’s tricky to know where to go. All sorted now.

Regards
    Mick

Sensei
    Sensei
    Keymaster

No problem. And the questions certainly weren’t dumb. I used to have the playlist laid out more directly on the Zero Brush product page (now you have to access it via a link). It probably wouldn’t hurt either to create a small documentation manual for the Brush Pack either. Glad you got it worked out.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.