Blender News FORUMS General Help Question about 2.8

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  macronomicus 1 week, 5 days ago.

• Question about 2.8

Jikito
    Participant

Will zero brush, alchemy lab and dnd enviroments translate over to blender 2.8, and what will the changes be to sensei format with the new changes coming?

Sensei
    Sensei
    Keymaster

Hi. Short answer; Yes, Sensei Format and our other addons will be ported to Blender 2.8 and include huge updates and new functionality. As was mentioned by Ton (creator of Blender) and other developers in several recent conference videos, addon developers should at the bare minimum, wait for the release of Blender 2.8 beta to begin migrating their addons to 2.8. The reason for this is that core Blender API features can change drastically while in development. Developing addons for an unfinished program is a bit like knitting baby clothes for a fetus rather than the final baby itself. This can make pinpointing a release date for our 2.8 ready addons difficult as nothing has been set in stone by the Blender foundation themselves.

Every addon in existence that was functional for 2.79 is going to have to be manually upgraded to work on 2.8, some addons will require way more attention than others. So, as you can imagine this is a bit of an exciting/anxiety-ridden time for developers whose livelihoods depend on Blender. Anyone interested in Blender Sensei addons, Sensei Format or the Crash Course should know that their investment in our ecosystem right now will pay off for them later as well when official 2.8 releases are available. The style, basic hotkey structure and more will translate directly into the new 2.8 workflow. Going to include more info regarding this in a post. Thanks.

Jikito
    Participant

I am really looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us. and thank you for making my blender experience awesome. if it were not for sensei format I would still be throwing money away on expensive upgrades that are usually near as expensive as the software.
    could you give us a few teasers?

Abel
    Participant

Looking forward to buying these addons soon!! I wonder if you can just build an addon for Architecture –huge market and you already have addons that will fit in perfectly…

SteveS
    SteveS
    Participant

I’m also looking forward to Blender 2.8 & Sensei Format updates. Hopefully it won’t be too stressful for you mate but I can imagine how tricky it would be trying to co-ordinate everything & not compromising on quality. Keep up the good work & cheers from down under.

macronomicus
    Participant

Yes! Blender 2.8 looks a whole lot like sensei format and zero brush now, even the theme too, you certainly contributed to that evolution. I am totally excited to see what you’ve got in store for 2.8 to enhance it! I can already smell it cooking up over there, and beta is nearly here too. :)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.