Blender News FORUMS Crash Course Review Draw Mesh Tutorial

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Sensei Sensei 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Draw Mesh Tutorial
    Magic_Zach
    Magic_Zach
    Participant

I went ahead and did the sculpting. I wanted “Dilbert” to look like an older fellow. Gave his hair some bumps, and some age lines under the eyes.

I choose to use .abc format for this because with .dae, it would have two of everything upon importing. If you imported the dae, you could instantly grab it and you’d get two. I had problems with wavefront (.obj) when it would not model the mesh of the hair correctly when imported, and .3ds format would not model the Suzanne head, but it would show all the mesh I drew instead, so I had the hair I drew hanging in empty space on its own.

Sensei
    Sensei
    Keymaster

Hi Magic Zach. Was there supposed to be a file here? You might need to try and upload it again.

Magic_Zach
    Magic_Zach
    Participant

I had tried to just but the .abc file so it could be imported and looked at, but I SHOULD have that and two rendered images now. Crossing my fingers as I click “Post Reply” with the attachments.

Sensei
    Sensei
    Keymaster

Oh cool. Love the balding due. Your eyebrows also look much more stylish then the ones I made in the tutorial. As far as file types go, you can upload most image file types, .blend files and .zip. So if you’re trying to upload something with a file extension other than an image or .blend file, just zip it up before posting it.

There’s no fancy upload bar or anything, you just have to press “CHOOSE FILE”, pick your file then press “POST REPLY” and wait until the page refreshes (sorry for the overkill of info, I like to be thorough when responding to people in case others come across the thread and then can learn what to do).

Ketre
    Ketre
    Participant

I redid mine and it came out much better this time. I went ahead and sculpted his hair, mustache and eyebrows, and gave him some lips .(hehe) Added the DND Environment and used the Ambient Occlusion for shading. I had fun with this tutorial.

Attachments:
      Sensei
      Sensei
      Keymaster

Wow. Sweet!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.