Blender News FORUMS Animation how to handle a big project

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Sensei Sensei 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• how to handle a big project

omerahad88
    Participant

hello
    I have been working on an animation, and it involves a big functioning umbrellas with proper mechanics. but the issue I have is how do I handle such big scenes in blender. what is the sequence to properly execute a project. I am good at building models, applying textures using substance painter and animating them and after this I put my models and their copies(if required) in a scene and animate using a camera. this was the workflow I used to follow for small projects but its not working for bigger projects. kindly guide me how to breakdown the project what are the proper steps to execute any big project.

thank you

Sensei
    Sensei
    Keymaster

Hi. That’s a bit like asking “how do I build a skyscraper?” The answer is, with a lot of knowledge about how to build a skyscraper. Much of the purpose of the Crash Course (free here on the site Crash Course) is to make it possible for a small team (or even one seriously motivated humanbeing) to accomplish large scale projects. The segment of the Crash Course focused on structure here should help: Object Structure But I would recommend taking the whole course from scratch.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.