Blender News FORUMS Crash Course Review GROUP COMMAND

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ernani aguilar 1 month ago.

• GROUP COMMAND

ernani aguilar
    Participant

hi there,
    I need help on how to get an icon of a command group. please see my attached photos of my screen shut.

respectfully
    ernani

Sensei
    Sensei
    Keymaster

Not sure what you mean by “command group”. The “Select by Group” button has moved to the Builder options menu. Also be sure to check out the custom groups option in the add menu “Shift-A”. Also, right clicking in the outliner brings up a special menu as well for dealing with groups.

ernani aguilar
    Participant

hi sensei,

have a good day, I apologize for my bad explanation. okay, I’ve got all of those points that you mentioned and they are great to know.

regarding the icon on my blender environment (in my screen) I don’t see this icon menu of a “group” similar to the one that you have (see your tutorial screen shut attached) which is a shortcut.

I wish I can have them too.

and thank a lot for your great help.

respectfully
    ernani

Sensei
    Sensei
    Keymaster

Hi. No need to apologize. The “Select By Group” option (which I pointed to in the first screen shot) IS that “group” button. They are the same thing. Check marking where it says “Select By Group” is the same as pressing that button you’re pointing to in your screenshots. All this does is make it to where if you select one member of a group, all members of that group will be automatically selected. By the way, if you’d like for this option to be on all the time, you can start up a new file, check the “Select By Group” option then under File press “Save Startup File” and press ok.

ernani aguilar
    Participant

Dear Sensei,
    Thanks to your info. I tried to save that “Select By Group” option and under File press “Save Startup File” but it did not save when I closed blender and open it again.

anyway, I will move on since this command is still under “builder” so its okay.

thank you very much for your kind support.

Respectfully,
    ernani

Sensei
    Sensei
    Keymaster

Hi. It should have saved. Make sure you press “Save Startup File” again in the message box that pops up after first pressing “Save Startup File” from the top left File menu in Blender.

ernani aguilar
    Participant

Hi sensei,

yes it is. i did not see that last message, thanks once again.

Respectfully,
    ernani

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.