Blender News FORUMS Crash Course Review Grease Pencil and Draw Mesh

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by SteveS SteveS 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Grease Pencil and Draw Mesh

RonJon34
    Participant

Hello again,

First I’d like to say that I have been genuinely enjoying the “Crash Course” material. My results have improved tremendously and I can’t thank you enough for developing your site. There have been a few bumps and I have to admit that I’ve been flip flopping back and forth between the regular version of Blender 2.79 and the Sensei 5.5.2. I’m sure its extremely difficult to keep not only keep the course material up to speed but Sensei as well. So one of the problems was not being able to delete, remove or erase a Grease Pencil stroke. This was kinda frustrating and the only solution I could find was to start all over. So the glass is always half full and I just chalked it up to needing some additional practice. My question is “Can you erase grease pencil strokes using Sensei 5.5.2?” It was not listed in the Outliner and I could not figure out how to make it disappear. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for making this all happen.

Attachments:
    Sensei
    Sensei
    Keymaster

Hi. Nice Suzanne! And thanks for the props. Holding V and right clicking (as apposed to left clicking to draw strokes) should erase strokes (not a super ideal solution if using a tablet, working on updating this for the next version). There should also be a menu item that appears in the toolshelf that says “X Strokes” when you add a draw mesh object, which you can press to get rid of all strokes. It’s possible you’re experiencing a bug though. I’ve fixed several regarding draw mesh that will be included in the next update.

Though update logs can be checked at “Resources” > “Software Update Logs” here on the site, I don’t yet have a very good bug tracking system available on the site so people can see issues currently being worked on. This might be added to the site with the next release of Sensei Format. If all else fails, you can also press T and in the properties shelf (menu to the right when you press T in the 3D view) under the “Grease Pencil Layers” menu, press the X button to delete all grease strokes.

SteveS
    SteveS
    Participant

Hi all. I managed to “draw mesh” some eyebrows, mustache & earrings on my Suzanne, but when I went to draw some hair strokes, I draw a stroke then it disappears, but you can still see it in wire frame mode. Draw mesh seems to work ok when I open a new file. Have attached problem blend file to see if it’s something I’ve done or a bug.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.