Blender News FORUMS Sensei Format Help Converting older blend files to use the new Screens

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Sensei Sensei 7 months, 1 week ago.

• Converting older blend files to use the new Screens
    M. Glass
    M. Glass
    Participant

Now that I have Sensei Format installed, how do I set up the workspace in my old blend files? When I open an older blend file, it uses my old layout. Is there an easy way to tell Blender to use the Blender Screen layout? It’s not even available in the Screen dropdown at the top.

Help!

Sensei
    Sensei
    Keymaster

Hi. Sorry it took so long to respond to this. If you go to File > User Preferences > then select the “File” tab at the top of the user preferences window, there is an option “Load UI”. If the result you’re looking for is, to open an old file and it still look like your new, regular Sensei Format “Blender” workspace, this option should remain unchecked. If it’s not unchecked, uncheck it then press “Save User Settings” in the bottom left corner of the user preferences window. Then try opening your old files again.

If you get there, and you find “Load UI” was already unchecked. Then something else strange may be going on. If you could post one of the old files here (or send it to support@blendersensei.com if you don’t want to make it public) I could take a look at it and see if something inside of it is doing something to cause the issue.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.