Blender News FORUMS Sensei Format Help C-array no-stretch to mesh?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braj 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

• C-array no-stretch to mesh?

braj
    Participant

I see with the C-array I can apply the modifiers on the object and it will make it one mesh, but can I do the same with no-stretch versions? I don’t see the modifiers for this, and the mesh object is is nested in the curve. I was hoping to generate mesh to use outside of Blender.

Loving the update and hoping you continue with it when 2.8 is released. Thanks!

Sensei
    Sensei
    Keymaster

Hi Braj. Thanks. Glad you’re liking it. For both “c-array” and “no-stretch” modes, simply select the mesh (not the curve) and an “Apply” button will appear in the toolshelf which handles all of this for you (no need to manually apply individual modifiers). For “no-stretch” there’s also an option next to “Apply”, “As Linked” which will apply the effects of the curve but instead of creating a bunch of individual objects, will link the mesh data for all objects involved to the original mesh (but this would be for if you’re staying in Blender).

If you’re planning to export, you could apply the “no-stretch” objects, then select them all and join them into a single mesh if that’s what you were wanting. There’s more info about these in the manual (click resources above), also in the 5.5.1 demonstration video (linked below). A lot of things are currently in development. There will be much more on how to get the most out of these tools in the future. Thanks.

braj
    Participant

Awesome job, thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.